The Central New York Care Collaborative is a new corporation formed for the purpose of implementing the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program in six Central New York counties (Cayuga, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, & Oswego) over the next five years.
The Project Manager of Workforce Strategy has the opportunity to support transformation of the healthcare system for approximately 1 million people, spanning six counties in Central New
York. The Project Manager will be a key team member of the Central New York Care Collaborative (CNYCC), working with CNYCC stakeholders to execute a workforce strategy to support the development of a person-centered and integrated healthcare delivery system.
The Project Manager assists in creating and executing plans for CNYCC’s Workforce Transformation
Strategy and follows projects through all phases by providing oversight, assisting in the development of the project plan, and ensuring adherence to the plan. The Project Manager establishes the coordination of basic and moderately complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules for workforce development under New York State’s Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program. This position reports to the Director of Program Operations.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and budget which includes administrative tasks; ensures adherence to deadlines.
- With oversight from the Director of Program Operations, coordinate and lead assigned activities ensuring that assignments are completed.
- Interface with vendors/project owners to ensure appropriate project direction and progress.
- Monitor DSRIP project implementation, with the support of the Project
- Management Office, to identify emerging workforce needs and facilitate coordination across DSRIP functions and partner organizations.
- Use project management tools to monitor and track progress toward completion of tasks and associated DSRIP milestones and metrics, as well as budget while managing project timeline.
- Notify senior leadership when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed.
- Track project changes and produce updated schedules as required.
- Ensure alignment of workforce initiatives with the overall organizational strategic and performance improvement plans/strategies.
- Ensure compliance with New York State regulations, DSRIP guidance and policies, practices and processes of CNYCC.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of project activity and is responsible for storing and keeping appropriate documentation in line with DSRIP Reporting and Validation Protocols.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all stakeholders – CNYCC Board of Directors, Executive Director, staff, and partner organizations, among others.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Perform other related duties.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Develop process for soliciting and reviewing vendor proposals for training and/or technical assistance.
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house).
- Choose appropriate training methods based on training goals, audience, setting and available resources (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.).
- Market available training opportunities to partner organizations and provide necessary information.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and how it affects performance indicators.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of training needs and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design.
- Maintain updated curriculum/training database.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of partner training activities and is responsible for storing and keeping appropriate documentation in line with DSRIP Reporting and Validation Protocols.
- Provide and/or coordinate train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
- Stakeholder Outreach and Engagement
- Organize, lead and facilitate meetings, including, but not limited to the Workforce Workgroup, together with the creation of agendas and preparation of materials.
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Regularly engage other PPS Workforce Leads and Vendors to facilitate sharing of information, resources and best practices.
- Participate in regional and statewide meetings convened by the NYS Department of Health and others as related to workforce.
- Develop and/or review content related to workforce for publication via the CNYCC website, newsletters, HWapps and other outlets, in coordination with the Communications Staff.
Minimum of 2 years of experience successfully coordinating complex, multi-disciplinary and high-value projects.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management in a related field
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Experience utilizing project management tools or applications
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Working knowledge and interest in advancing the health care industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training, HR or related field; Master’s preferred
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Facility with learning new software applications and database systems
- Logical thinker with analytical problem solving abilities and a bias toward data driven decisions
- Knowledge of healthcare operations; experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Significant knowledge of project management processes and related documentation practices
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing complex projects through completion
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter to Elizabeth Fowler, CNYCC Operations Coordinator at Elizabeth.Fowler@cnycares.org with “Project Manager for Workforce Strategy application” in the subject line.