The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Minority Health offers a website and online training that meets the requirements set forth by the New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners. The website offers 9 free online credits in cultural competency.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Those interested in advancing health equity, improving quality, and helping to eliminate disparities
**Note: Please print/upload MCC certificate along with any other certificates included with the course.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify at least five areas related to cultural and linguistic competency in medical practice
- Identify at least three strategies to promote self-awareness about attitudes, beliefs, biases, and behaviors that may influence clinical care
- Devise strategies to enhance skills toward the provision of care in a culturally competent clinical practice
- Demonstrate the advantages of the adoption of the National CLAS Standards in clinical practice