The Staten Island PPS is hosting this Medical Interpreter Train the Trainer to help our partner organizations sustain their dual-role medical interpreter program.
This Medical Interpreter Train the Trainer is a six-day session of The Community Interpreter® International: Training of Trainers. Each Medical Interpreter who completes the course will be licensed on behalf of their organization to train other bilingual employees as medical interpreters. Each license authorizes the trainer to present the program called: The Community Interpreter® International and tailor it to meet the needs of specific audiences.
E L I G I B I L I T Y R E Q U I R E M E N T S
Proof of 40+ hour Medical Interpreter Training, or proof of certification from Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters or National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
Resume or college diploma or official transcript
Length of time interpreting
Any or all of these will be accepted. Call (917) 830-1140 for questions about eligibility.
Every participant will receive:
– The Community Interpreter® International: An Instructor’s Guide (2015);
– The Community Interpreter®: An International Textbook (2015);
– The Medical Interpreter: A Foundation Textbook for Medical Interpreting (2016);
– The Community Interpreter®: An International Workbook of Activities and Role Plays (2015);
– Medical Terminology for Interpreters (4th ed. 2019).
Training Location: Staten Island PPS, 1 Edgewater Plaza (7th floor conference hall) Staten Island, NY. 10305